As I’ve mentioned, when I found out I had coeliac disease I was mostly upset about the lack of beer, so I panic ordered a shit load of gluten free bottles from Ocado, which also has a brilliant ‘free from’ range by the way.
A week later and I’ve tried each one and ranked them:
- Estrella Daura Damm – my favourite. Delicious lager, tastes just like the real thing.
- Celia – a classic gluten free staple. Organic, crisp and flavoursome.
- Greens Glorious Pilsner – lovely, light Belgium pilsner.
- Greens Gilded Golden Ale – nice but lacked the flavour I was expecting from an ale.
- Glebe Farm Night Mission – I really didn’t like this one, which is annoying as I bought 4 of them! It tasted so artificial that I only managed to drink half a bottle.
So there you have it, there’s plenty of gluten free beers available online and most of which are very tasty. There are more than just these 5 on Ocado too, including more ales and darker beers.
For an extensive list of gluten free beers, check out glutenfreebeer.co.uk too.